Monday, January 11, 2010

(b) part two

I've decided upon reading through all of the Harry Potter books, now. But since it'd be unfair to tell on the whole plot, and I've already described the general plot of the books, see last post, then I'll just make it as short as possible.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
by J. K. Rowling

Well-well, the same general talk applies. Book about Harry Potter, naturally, and his friends Ron and Hermione (I feel a bit of a cool love-story evolving, in a very-very sweet adolescent way, you know "awww"-type of crushing).
When the last adventure seemed to be more out of curiosity than anything else, then this time it's a rather purposeful mystery-solving and quite a bit of detective work involved. Of course, the incentive being that a few close friends of Harry have been affected.

Overall, another riveting schoolyear in Hogwarts, with plenty of brilliant characters and back-stories (spells, potions, herbs!, esp "when they start climbing into each other's pots, we'll know they're mature"). Wonderful, indeed!

The books are indeed quick reads, and well, the quality has not faltered, and I expect them to keep it up. I'm sure another review will be up shortly. Great literature, I can understand why they're featured in so many best-books-of-the-decade, etc lists. Compelling stuff, I'd say. And I thoroughly enjoy Rowling's English!

To be continued... no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment