Friday, January 1, 2010

(gf) ready, steady, GO

My first post, on top of the introductory one, featuring recipe number One. The two letters inside brackets in the title suggest Good Food, a distinction to be added to every title (so - either gf or b, for Book(s)..), just for the heck of it.

This recipe did not come from a cookbook. A bad workman always blames his tools, and I am blaming the camera, because the dish made an excellent dinner, and very tasty, if I do say so myself, despite its doubtable looks. Easy enough to do, will not take more than the time to boil your pasta, al dente, or otherwise.

Pasta with Chicken & Herb Sauce
(for 1 person)

~
140 g pasta (penne)
~ 130 g chicken fillet
2-3 tb spoons of herb sauce (Felix Herb)
~2-3 tb spoons of grated cheese
salt, pepper, soy sauce etc


So, if you are an Italian, this is the best time to look away and stop reading this post. I did not make the sauce from scratch - I used a random sample of Tomato Herb sauce avail
able in store. In Estonia, that would be by Felix, but of course, you are very much welcome to use any kind of tomato sauce you wish.

Put the pasta to boil, add salt (I'm well aware I may err in cooking proper pasta, but I did leave it slightly al dente, in which I hope to find redemption). Fry the chicken fillet, which is cut into pieces of your own choice of size, adding seasoning of soy sauce, curry and pepper according to your taste. A very ecletic mix, apparent enough I didn't stay true to one cuisine. It's the taste that matters, after all. Add the tablespoons of sauce to chicken if it's ready, it only needs a bit of heating up, no cooking necessary (check the labels of your sauce, just in case, you never know).

Drain the pasta, add the sauce, top with grated cheese... and a little crumpled bit of Lollo Rosso salad, if you do not have basil and you want to take a picture for your food blog... or then just basil and Parmigano, if you live in a place where stores sell it at an affordable price, or regular cheese, if you are in the mood for angering an Italian. *evil smirk*
Keep in mind that the recipe above is for one person! Double, triple or quadruple the amounts when necessary.

So this is it. I cooked this yesterday, in the last decade that is. I'm making dinner today again, and if it comes out even slightly presentable, I will upload a picture.. Ah, how wonderful to start blogging - full of such drive to add a post a day or every other day.

I so wish I read Harry Potter, already, because this quote would be spot-on!

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." (Frederico Fellini)

No comments:

Post a Comment