Tuesday, January 12, 2010

(b) three

I should read something else in between, because I'm sure you are bored to read about Mr Potter, already. Nevertheless, I finished No Three:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
by J. K. Rowling

Harry has started his third year at Hogwarts. Every book being dedicated to one school-year. This time, the pupils movements have been restricted even further, since a dangerous murderer is on the run from the Azkaban prison (wouldn't have guessed that from the title, would you?). And for some reason, the escaped prisoner is after Harry... Or so it seems.

I have failed to mention that all of these books will actually stand on their own quite well, since at the beginning and during the books, the back-stories are rather concisely explained (this may get a bit tiresome for someone reading ALL of the books, however - though it has to be remembered that the books were published one per year, so .. nevermind!).

Generally, I think this is my favourite so far. The language, still great. The world is getting more and more detailed, and updated, naturally. There are new (technical) developments in the Wizardry world, as well, just like in ours. I'm amazed how, well, realistic it seems, if that's the right word to use here.
I laughed out loud I can't recall how many times, there were a few great one-liners and generally many situations played out brilliantly. Wonderful entertainment. I can understand why both parents and children are fond of the series alike. Oh, and I'm sort of crushing on Ron. Weird. I blame this on the films, though.

To sum up, Rowling's imagination never ceases to amaze me! And for the first time I'm dreading to reach the end, because there will be no more Potter books. Though I am looking forward to reaching book No Five, because I don't know how that one ends (haven't seen the film), so I'm guessing it'll be even more compelling to read.
Recommend the book, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment