Sunday, January 24, 2010

(gf) vol 1

The first recipe of today, another one should be on the way, if it turns out alright.

Mozzarella and [fill in the blank] Pizza

pizza powder 1 bg
mozzarella
basil
pineapple chunks
chopped ham (or minced meat, chicken, etc)
cheese (grated)
1 tomato
tomato sauce (crushed tomatoes, not ketchup)

I have purposely omitted the exact numbers since well it pretty much depends on what you want on your pizza. This isn't a place where I give you directions as to what colour and size your peppers need be. This is just.. a creative outlet. Not even that creative considering the fact I use a fair bit of pre-packaged foods.

Anyways, I made two varities. And I used a simple pizza powder which only needs to be mixed in a bowl with water and a bit of oil. So one bag of that powder. Then I spread the dough on the baking pan (the label claimed it's rollable, but I doubt that!) using my fingers. They didn't have rolling pins in the Stone Age, you know... Or pizza dough, for that matter.. Where was I?

Then I covered the dough with tomato sauce, and added the necessary toppings. For one half I used mozzarella, for the other ham for my parents. I prefer my pizzas with only tomato sauce and cheese, you see. Then I put the whole thing in the oven for about 15 minutes (see label of package). After that time, cheking that it's pretty much done, I added the cheese on the ham-covered part and tomatoes and pineapple chunks for those who wanted them. A nice touch: season the tomatoes with pepper, and add a bit of pizza-seasoning (chopped dried basil, I would imagine). And then 2 more minutes in the oven (225 degrees C), until the cheese melts, and it's ready! I put some basil leaves onto mozzarella-covered side. It tasted excellent!

And well.. with the pizza flour (or powder or whatever it's called) available, making your own pizza is really a matter of minutes, AND you can use whichever toppings you like! It won't affect the preparing time, unless the toppings are covering every visible inch of the pizza, then you can use the old knife-and-fork test.

And then, cut into however many pieces you wish, and enjoy!

I do excuse the pictures on this blog.. I assure you, the dishes are all delicious apart for my incapability of photographing, and my natural lack of talent for lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment